Have they provided this certificate of insurance prior to signing the contract?

The law states that builders and contractors must be licensed for the work they are undertaking and provide a certificate of insurance for any job over $20000
and this is not just for builders but other contractors as well, whether it be carpenters, roofers or kitchen manufacturers, they must provide this certificate prior to contract signing, it is also illegal to break up the contract into smaller components to try and get the project under the $20000 threshold.

If you are an owner builder and you have engaged a contractor to carry out work on your home, that contractor must provide you with the insurance certificate.
You can very easily access information about whether a builder or contractor is licensed for the work they are doing through the ‘Fair trading’ website.
#spannenbergandson #since1971 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these <abbr title="HyperText Markup Language">HTML</abbr> tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>